Wednesday, September 4, 2013

the leg, the ceramic pot, and the ER

While in St. George this summer I wanted to try out a restaurant I had heard about out in Santa Clara called Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was an adorable little French Cafe and we sat outside in the garden area enjoying brunch of creeps, bruschetta, eclairs, and cream puffs. Just as we were about to leave, I hear James start to scream. He had been walking around in the little garden near our table. I thought he had stubbed his toe or gotten bit by a bee. I wish. His leg was spewing blood and had no intention of stopping any time soon. He had sliced it on the side of the strawberry planter ceramic pot. I think the shock of it caused him to flinch his leg up, in which case he sliced it again.
 Before the leg trauma....
 The leg trauma!!!
Lucky for us, we had a handy dandy surgical rag on hand, thanks to Surgeon Papa Wintch! We headed to the ER where they stitched him up. Internal, dissolvable stitches because the one on the bottom was so deep and 17 stitches on the outside. James was super tough. We never gave him pain meds for it afterwards, either. He was running and jumping that afternoon. Anyway, now the stitches are taken out and it is Healing nicely. I am hoping to reduce that scarring by applying lavender and Frankensense essential oils on it. We shall see. 

No comments: